Student Group Capstone Projects
Projects Kickoff Every 5 Weeks
Each cohort experience culminates in this project engagement. Selected project partners will receive pro bono support from a team of 3-5 students for approximately 4 weeks during the "learning by doing" portion of their program. As the primary objective is the educational experience for the students, project "stakeholders" should have reasonable expectations regarding the time limitations on projects and the student's inability to exceed estimated hours.
What makes a good project?
- A scope of work that can be completed in approximately 120-360 hours of development time (planning, prototyping, and coding functionality).
- Projects that are limited to Web, but can be optimized for mobile experiences (for example, accessing GPS on mobile devices for location information). We cannot currently accommodate requests for native mobile apps (i.e. applications delivered through the Android and Apple app stores).
- Projects that use web APIs (Application Programming Interface) in their scope. An example of this would be the Google Maps API. Note that not using an API does not necessarily disqualify a project.
- Minimal graphical design requirements. Ideal project partners will have the capability of supporting graphic design requirements for the project and/or will supply branding guidelines or style guides.
- Projects can be customer-facing or internal projects.
- Project stakeholders and designated primary contacts should be available for meetings and project reviews during the course of development.
- Students will be including their code from these projects in their portfolios, companies must allow this to be eligible.
What is asked of you as a client?
- Participate in vetting conversations with Prime staff
- Act as a client for project scoping with student
- Be available with a 24hr turnaround for questions during the active weeks of the project
- Attend final presentations
- Allow student work (e.g., process work, research insights, prototypes/designs) to be included in their online portfolios
Student deliverables are likely to include:
- A scope of work document
- Handoff documentation for implementation