Next offering: February 8-22, 2021
A client presents a clearly defined, dense area of opportunity in which students could define a design solution of varying focus areas, related to their personal strengths (e.g., multi-touchpoint design strategy, digital prototyping, mobile app UI design).
Ideally, the client works with multi-channel touchpoints (e.g. print, web, apps, wearables, IoT, e-commerce, social media, etc) and/or has existing data to support student understanding of the organization’s existing offerings, users, etc.
This is a good fit for clients who may be able to identify an area of focus and can imagine a number of different ways to approach it or solutions that may address it.
Key client requirements:
- Introduce organization (Mission & vision, Key stakeholders, other partners, Previous/current initiatives) and discuss the importance of project focus area through kick-off presentation
- Identify and schedule research sessions with 3-5 users within each project focus area
- Participate in a remote (or in-person) check-in with the student(s) to answer key questions
- Attend final presentations
- Allow student work (e.g., process work, research insights, prototypes/designs) to be included in their online portfolios (Written consent required upon scheduling)
Optional (Nice to have):
- Organizational or project-derived data (as related to the focus area)
- Collateral from previous projects and/or initiatives
- Vary depending on the project focus and student interest area
- Often include: interactive, clickable prototypes that demonstrate design intent, documented research findings that support prototype and design intent